Wednesday 28 October 2009

Memoriesssss

(credits to Lianne for the gorgeous artwork...)


When I left DC last year I was so ready to get out. DC felt so small and I was sick of a lot of non-tangible things. But now I'm thinking about all the wonderful things in DC, mostly the three wonderful girls I shared Ivory 306 with. It was just nice having people around who I really really liked and who I knew liked me. This isn't going to turn into one of those long rants about how I have no friends here, because I do, but my friendships in DC were generally a lot more established. Friendships that might include squabbles, but the sort of squabbles that exist when you know people pretty well.

So here is a list of things I miss about my friends last year:

-Having people to eat dinner with or around all the time
-Having friends nearby, who I could easily plan adventures with
-Having friends who I am sure really really liked me
-Reading magazines at Barnes/Borders with Lianne
-Watching tv with my roommates
-Having a friend as hip, cool and nice as Sara D
- Knowing that if I didn't go out, I would still have lots of people to hang out with the next day
-Having people I could really really laugh with because we know each other so well
- Going to lunch with Mike and having him judge me as my food ended up all over my clothes
-Holding Sara Z and Jenny and laying in their beds
-Doing cool cultural things involving Tom Story with Lianne
-IHOP with people I love
- Being around people who I essential spent my truly formative years with
-and so on and so on

The thing I miss about DC the most is having a city to explore that is manageable in size and easy to navigate. London is soo big!

I honestly don't know what my friendships here will turn into. Mehhhh. And I don't know where I want to go, what I want to do when I graduate. Mehhhhh.

2 comments:

  1. aww this is making me cry! love you (and really really like you!) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really really like you too, and i miss alll those things so much. wahhhh

    ReplyDelete