Friday 6 November 2009

Drinky

I went to a pub tonight with the board members of my school's student society and some of our lecturers. I'm pretty sure I was beyond awkward with most of them. It's odd being in a department that is so young, I feel like they're my peers when in reality they're phd's who are teaching me the ways of international public policy. Then again, I've generally always been awkward talking to professors, especially male professors. Oh well. However, I do think the way academic departments function here is much different from that of American universities. I discussed this with one of my lecturers and apparently it's true. He's English but received his phd in America, so I guess he'd know.

In less awkward news, semi-early tomorrow morning I'm journeying to Oxford and hopefully visiting Blenheim palace with my fav twins. So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment