Monday 14 December 2009

The This is Why I'm Single Guide to Music for Desperate Crushes

In honor of my essay kind of being finished (and ignoring the non-graded econ essay I should be writing), I've decided to make a list of songs that throughout the years have become theme songs for every unreachable boy I have loved/ been creepily obsessed with. This post will basically express a dozen reasons as to why I am single. Fun Times. I'm also going to try to post them in chronological order from my first major college crush (MIIIIKKKKEEEEE- no secret there!) to the latest unnamed victim.

Key Line: Wait! They don't love you like I love you. -Which is repeated over and over
Why?: I used to sing this in my head a lot whenever I saw Mike 1st semester Freshman year. Creepy. I've since gotten over that and Mike and I have maintained a relatively healthy friendship. xoxoxoxo

Key Line: Cause I can't make you love me if you don't/ I can't make your heart feel something it won't.
Why: This has already been featured on this blog, but wow, what a perfect song for gals like me! It fits like every situation in my "romantic" life. Nice work Bonnie (though I don't think she wrote it)!

Key Line: Eh I don't even know what they're saying in the song.
Why: This reminds me of Oxford where it eventually became one of my theme songs for my most desperate/hopeless crush yet. Not so much about desperation, but a really pretty nice song about how (in my mind) my heart beats for a certain someone.

Key Line: Um the whole song speaks to me. But, I guess if I have to chose I would say:
"Basically, I wish that you loved me,
I wish that you needed me,
I wish that when I said two sugars, actually I meant three."
Why: This became the key song for the previously mentioned English crush. The whole song was basically my life theme song from the end of Trinity term till last December when I kind of got over it. CLASSIC.

-Conversation- Joni Mitchell (ugh I can't find it on youtube- LAME)
Key Line:
And I only say, hello
And turn away before his lady knows
How much I want to see him.
Why: This was basically my official theme song in general for a while. It's amazing. Enough Said.

Key Line: Been here all along so why can't you see? You belong with me
Why: So, I fell in love with this song over the summer but I had no crushes to associate it with, so I kind of just let it encompass every crush I've had. I'm kind of over it now, but I still love Taylo Swift, just not as much as I did a few months ago. But, I know one day it will re-enter my heart.

Key Line:
I've always been a coward/ And I don't know what's good for me.
Why: I love Kate Bush, the song's amazing, the video is amazing and it's my current theme song.


No comments:

Post a Comment