Thursday 7 January 2010

DIET

So I'm on this weird diet called the up-day/down-day diet. It sounds crazy but thus far it's worked. Basically I eat normally one day and then the next day I eat only around 500 calories. I have to do this for two weeks and then I can push the down day calories up to around 600-700 calories until I reach my goal weight. I know it sounds crazy and kindof unhealthy/dangerous, but it was developed by a doctor and appears to be safe. Also, I learned about it in the Times, so it's legit.

The down-days are getting easier (today is my fourth, except I'm cheating for dinner tonight (see previous post) and I always get to look forward to an up-day. Also, I've seen really good results so far. Right now I'm at my lowest recorded weight since Freshman Year of college. However, I've hardly ever weighed myself so I may have weighed less at some point. I don't know if I feel skinnier though. I guess I need to start walking more and wearing clothes that aren't "lounge-wear."

Anyways, I really want to stick to it and I'm going to buy a scale at Argos once I get back. My goal is to lose 25 pounds, which I can't even imagine how that would be. I'm just sick of feeling occasionally gross and large. And also having those feelings to occasionally blame my perpetual single state on. Hopefully by writing it on here, I'll encourage myself to keep with it. WOOOOOOOO.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I totally understand how hard it is. I have lost 25 pounds over the last 2 years and still trying to lose about a stone. It's really hard work, but worth it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete