Monday 4 January 2010

Things I Hate

I hate driving in the snow. I used to be fine with it, embracing every swerve, skid, and loss of traction delight. But that was back in high school before I suppose I fully developed a sense of mortality. Now I hate it. I clutch the wheel and grit my teeth praying to God that I make it. The worst was the other night when I drove home in a blizzard and the roads weren't properly salted, ploughed, etc. I almost swerved into a ditch turning onto the street that leads to my street. It was awful. I don't like driving in general, so snow makes it even worse. Also, it's been in the teens here, aka like -20 celcius. So pleasant! England is going to seem warm in comparison.

Now I get to go research an essay that I don't know how I'm going to write. Research today, write tomorrow, hopefully be half done by the time I leave to make my English return on FRIDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment