Sunday 31 January 2010

The World Food Programme has begun a massive food aid distribution in Haiti. The most interesting part about this article is that the aid will only be distributed to women. Over and over again in my course I have learned that aid programmes directed towards women are the most successful. If that's not a loaded fact, I don't know what is. Also, I'm pretty hopeful that this distribution will be successful, even though food aid has had a shaky start since the earthquake. I wrote an essay about the WFP (who knows how I did on it ughhh) and they've been able to deliver food through some pretty extraordinary circumstances, so hopefully the Haitians will be able to get food. However, long term we'll see because the WFP has not been so successful with developing sustainable food security.

No comments:

Post a Comment