Thursday 4 February 2010

I'm in Love.


I was going to write on my friend Sara's facebook wall and suggest that she may consider Scott Fujita to love for a little bit instead of Tim Tebow. But then I read this jezebel profile and fell in love with him myself. He's a super intelligent, progressive, forward thinking man with a master's degree. Sorry Sara, I just don't know if Tim could fit all those elements. I recognize that Fujita isn't nearly as attractive as Tebow but wow... what a man.


Fujita on the Bible, Jesus and homosexuality (from HuffPo):
"I completely respect everyone's choice of religion. Just because I'm not a very religious guy doesn't make me right or wrong, or them right or wrong. Everybody has a right to believe in whatever they want. But, I don't like when people use God or Jesus Christ in this whole debate, if you could even call it a debate. Jesus Christ to me, is probably the most compassionate and revolutionary thinker of all time. Look at his teachings. Look at what he preached. He would not endorse any type of inequality, this type of inhumanity. He would not be on board with that. So please, spare me that argument and saying that hey, the Bible says that it ain't right, or hey, Jesus Christ wouldn't buy into this kind of thing. Don't give me that. That's not even an argument."

Fujita on the Tim Tebow ad and on his standing up for Gay rights (from NYT):

“The idea of focusing on the family — who wouldn’t agree with that?” Fujita said. “But the means of doing so, he and I might not see eye to eye all the way.

“It’s just me standing up for equal rights,” Fujita said. “It’s not that courageous to have an opinion if you think it’s the right thing and you believe it wholeheartedly.”

Wow. I think I'm in love. Even though he is married with twin babies. Though I'm still not going to watch the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I'm in love. I can already feel my gigantic Tebow crush fading away as Sunday approaches. sadz.

    ReplyDelete