Thursday 18 March 2010


Wait St. Patrick was actually a person? I was under the impression he was a leprechaun. JK. Anyways, I know this post is a day late, but I think Rev. James Martin has a good point about St. Patrick's Day in his HuffPo articl. I'm sure the average person getting wasted on green beers knows little about why St. Patrick has a feast day dedicated to him. Anyways, read the article, and next year think about St. Patrick. I did, mostly because I was sober and researching my dissertation and needed distractions, so reading about St. Pat provided about 45 minutes of distraction. FUN. Also, I wonder how St. Patrick's day evolved into the modern binge fest it is. I'm sure there's an article about it somewhere online.

And, here's St. Patrick's Grave in Northern Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment