Thursday 1 April 2010

Procrastination

I just looked up my name on Urban Dictionary:

A girls name, usually associated with a fairly small cute but hot girl. Is unique in her clothing style and is brilliant at the things she loves best whatever that may be. Loved by her friends and envied by her enemies.

SO TRUE! Especially the small part.

A small, wealthy, conservative, suburb of Rochester, NY. Defies the typical "Upstate" stereotype, the town is very safe and upper-class; the people are mostly doctors/surgeons, lawyers or successful businessmen and their wives are known as P.H.W.'s or Pittsford House Wives (rich women who don't work, they are in book clubs, gourmet clubs, 'twig' and play golf, tennis and paddle tennis at their Country Clubs while their kids are at school). A little over 27,000 people live in Pittsford and 99% of them are Caucasian, majority of them drive cars over $50,000, belong to one of the 7 private Country Clubs in the town and have lake houses on Ontario Lake or one of the Finger Lakes. Pittsford kids (Sutherland & Mendon- both in Newsweek's 100 Top High Schools in America) are known as "rich bitches" by other towns in Rochester and they are basically poster children for Polo, Lacoste and Abercrombie & Fitch. Pittsford has a historic, quaint, upscale village right on the Erie Canal and there are many unique, privately- run boutiques and restaraunts in the village especially on Schoen Place. Pittsford is listed as one of 'Best Places to Live in the Country' by CNN and the town is one of the wealthiest in the nation.
Pittsford is the nicest suburb in the ROC and Upstate New York.

For the town I grew up in the number one post says: I would say a lot of this is untrue. I mean, the majority of people driving cars that cost over 50k is definitely not true and hardly any of my friends had cottages. I guess I was friends with the wrong people. Also my mom works, though none of my home friend's moms work so fun times. Also, I don't know anyone whose mom is in a book club. And I am definitely the poster chid for Polo, Lacoste and Abercrombie. Definitely.

Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment