Thursday 2 September 2010

Dearest Reader...


I make my triumphal return! I handed in my dissertation yesterday, I'm not very pleased with it but I think I would be surprised if I failed, as I showed effort. The past month has been filled with more anxiety than I've ever had in my life. Like I actually had anxiety attacks. And I got strep throat. So I'm trying to start September as a semi-YP (still temping full time at my job, I can't be a real employee till I get mah visa extension (source of stress numba 1)) with a fresh, positive perspective on life.

I'm going to talk out my anxiety and try to be rational about it!

I've also moved to North London and I LOVE it here. It feels like my own little haven. It's just so nice! the picture included with this post is from Hampstead Garden Suburbs aka where I want to live when I'm older and rich. It's in the same area of London from me, but the more swanky bit.

I still can't get over the fact that I'm no longer a student. I've been a student since I was 3 (pre-school counts right?), I don't know when it's going to hit me. What am I going to do with all my free time? I'm going to have to pick up some hobbies.

Also, sadly, most of my UCL friends are leaving so I need I reorganize friend groups. Thankfully two of my best Oxford friends have moved/are moving to London, so I intend to exploit them for their friends. I'm also going to Worcester to see the amazing family I had my home stay with while at Oxford. So!Excited! And I'm making Oxford Northern Irish twin take me to Blenheim, where I can honor Kenneth Branagh AND Churchill! WIN.

The summer was an interesting one. Lots of ups and downs. But mostly anxiety. I really intend on getting rid of all that anxiety and leading a normal life. A normal Y-P life! ahhhh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment