Friday 20 November 2009

Almond Croissant Review



Almond Croissant from EAT

EAT is my favourite (don't laugh at me, I'm trying to get used to British spelling for essay/dissertation purposes) British food chain. I like Pret, but I find EAT to have a better variety of food and going along those lines, more exciting food. But, their almond croissant disappointed me. There was simply nothing special about this croissant. It felt like a mass produced croissant you'd buy at tescos. The almond filling was standard. The pastry itself was actually under my standards. Size was UK average, but unlike most almond croissants, I wasn't sad when it ended. And I know that chains can do excellent almond croissant's, Cafe Nero's version is amazing (I'll write a review next time I consume one), but I will definitely not buy an EAT almond croissant again, unless fuelled by desperation.

Score- 5/10

On a side note, in the picture there is also an EAT yoghurt with fresh banana, honey and grape nuts. These are delicious and I actively missed them when I returned to American from Oxford. Though, with the almond croissant I feel like I've had a suga ovaload.

No comments:

Post a Comment