Saturday 19 December 2009

Gotten

I've realized in the last two weeks that "Gotten" isn't a word here. After my British-English spell check constantly told me that I was spelling a fake word I looked it up to make sure that I haven't been using a fake word my whole life. I'm fine. Apparently it's an American-English word, but isn't a word here. WEIRD. Apparently it's the most glaring difference in British-American grammar. Also, it's not proper to start a sentence with "And" here, while in America they teach you it's okay but by AP English, they say it's okay in some instances. I have, however, found that some people missed out on this lesson. So maybe my teacher was making it up... Nope, just looked it up, I'm right... YOU CAN START A SENTENCE WITH AND!

Wow, I think this blast of blog posts is a good sign for how much I'll be posting over Christmas. GET READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment