Sunday 7 November 2010

One of the Most Symbolic Dreams EVER

Last night I had a dream that SCREAMED meaningful symbolism. So in the dream, I was in a rundown council estate that was somehow my new family home, it was disgusting. My Mom, Taylor, and grandparents were there. And they gave me a package with a butterfly in it, but I opened it incorrectly and the butterfly died. But it had skin and a skeleton, and the skin was black and almost furry, with huge antennas, kind of a goth scary butterfly. It's skeleton was terrifying looking though and I kept seeing it in the dream.

Then my mom was mad at me, but my family seemed to be really into butterflies. The final moment came when I walked into my room and my bed was covered in caterpillars at various stages of development. I freaked out bc they were gross and made my mom get them off the bed.

So according to Dream Moods Dictionary,

To Dream of a rundown building means:
"To see a building in ruins or damaged, indicates that your approach toward a situation or relationship is all wrong. You need to change. Your own self-image may have suffered and taken some blow."

To Dream of dead butterflies me (don't agree with this one... I'll explain later):
"To catch or kill a butterfly, suggests that you are being too superficial"

To dream of Caterpillars means:
"To see a caterpillar in your dream, signifies a stage in your own personal growth and development where you are on your way, but have not yet reached your goal."

Sooo my interpretation is that the dead scary butterfly and rundown house represent old ways of thinking and old dreams I had that I'm holding onto for too long/ that are hopeless. They never took flight and they never will. The caterpillars in all different stages of development probably symbolize the new dreams/new life path that is currently growing in my life, not ready to reveal itself. A life path that may be a little scary, but will ultimately transform into an alive, beautiful butterfly.

Riiiggghhhhhtttttt.

No comments:

Post a Comment