Wednesday 21 October 2009

2012!

"It is not logical to ask for proof that the 2012 doomsday is a hoax. Your questions should be to the doomsday advocates to prove that what they are saying is true, not to NASA to prove it is false. If someone claimed on the Internet that there were 50-foot tall purple elephants walking through Cleveland, would anyone expect NASA to prove this wrong?"

A while ago, over a school holiday, I don't remember if it was last year or two years ago, I became really preoccupied with 2012 and the world ending. I've kind of gotten over it, but it keeps popping up. Well, NASA's head scientist, David Morrison, who I assume is smarter than anyone I know, has posted 20 responses to questions about 2012 that he has received. Both the Questions and the responses are pretty humorous. I think I trust the head NASA Scientist more than some nut with a website.

However, what Morrison does not discuss is the possibility of a religious apocalypse occurring in 2012, which some of my super religious friends have told me is a theory. But according to my summer reading book, The New Testament, Jesus could come back at any point so I guess that's something that us non-religious folks could worry about all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment